Let’s admit it, we’ve all seen Kim Kardashian’s body and admired it. The perfect waistline and excellent hips. As women, we wish we had a similar body. The Kardashian sisters have put waist trainers on the map, and now more than ever every woman wants one.
Traditionally, waist training involved use of steel-boned corsets that would develop an hourglass figure for women. By cinching it tighter and tighter, the corset would pull the woman’s ribs and even re-arrange her internal organs, so as to reduce her waist circumference. Sounds Painful right?
In recent years, many celebrities have redefined waist training, by using latex waist trainers during work out sessions, bringing a change to the whole waist training concept. It is now known as ‘waist taming.’
Let us dive in and analyze a few choices in the market.
- 1 HLGO Women’s Waist Trainer
- 2 Eleady Women’s Underbust Corset Waist Trainer
- 3 Women Latex Waist Training Body Shaper Cincher Underbust Corset
- 4 FOUMECH Women’s Waist Trainer
- 5 YIANNA Women’s Underbust Latex Sport Girdle Waist Trainer
- 6 Camellias Women Waist Trainer Belt Body Shaper Belly Wrap – Trimmer Slimmer
- 7 HOPLYNN Neoprene Sauna Waist Trainer
- 8 Ursexyly Double Control Waist Trainer
- 9 Best Women Hot Sweat Weight Loss Top Shirt Waist Trainer
- 10 Men Waist Trainer Corset Vest for Weight Loss
HLGO Women’s Waist Trainer
It is also easily adjustable and does not cause any skin irritation.
It is ideal for waist shaping and can be used by people who suffer from back problems. This is because the high-strength elastic material and strong Velcro gives excellent support for the waist muscles and the spine.
It has a waist trimmer belt that compresses your abdomen to increase heat and accelerate fat burning on your midsection.
The HLGO Women’s Waist trainer is very easy to use, you simply wrap it around your tummy, strap it up, and you are good to go.
You will feel more toned and sexier as well as the added benefit of back support.
Eleady Women’s Underbust Corset Waist Trainer
This is an excellently designed waist trimmer, complete with a zipper and adjustable shoulder straps. It enables you to sweat like crazy, whilst enhancing your work out leading to an achievement of your weight loss goals.
It has a u-type anti-droop push-up breast design and a strop armpit and back flap control. The high-quality zipper allows you to hide your tummy, giving you a cleaner and slimmer look.
It comes in many different sizes and colors to choose from.
The hook and eye closure also allows you to fit your figure at the most extent and can be used as a tank top especially for exercising at the gym.
It will define your waistline, minimize the bumps and bulges, smooth out your body, give you a slim/sleek look, and make you feel confident with any look.
Women Latex Waist Training Body Shaper Cincher Underbust Corset
It is supported by 9 spiral steel bones that are inside the corset. This will give you a slim figure and an hourglass shape. It is perfect for yoga, everyday wear, postpartum belly abdomen, etc.
FOUMECH Women’s Waist Trainer
It also contains 100% Neoprene latex-free material that is the finest and most comfortable fabric, making it easy to clean. It fits the body perfectly and will not itch or irritate your skin.
The trimmer belt does not jab or stab your stomach and is ideal for burning fat and calories. While exercising, it makes you sweat like you were in a sauna, which inevitably burns fat around your stomach.
Its design is wide enough to allow complete and firm covering of your midsection without moving during a vigorous workout. It is think enough as well, to move cellulite and get rid of toxins.
It is designed to provide support for your back and tuck your tummy while wearing it to give you a clean and slim look.
If you have postpartum love handles or flabs, the waist trimmer will flatten them out.
YIANNA Women’s Underbust Latex Sport Girdle Waist Trainer
This is a high elastic natural latex waist trimmer that allows for waist adjustments. It is durable and flexible allowing it to bend quickly and also recover quickly. It is ideal for postpartum belly reduction and also yoga exercises.
The inner layer is made of 96% cotton, which is soft and cozy, 4% spandex, 100% natural latex, while the outer layer is made of durable nylon, spandex, and lycra.
It reduces 3-5 inches on the waist when you wear it frequently, and it is designed in a way that allows you to breathe easily while wearing it.
Camellias Women Waist Trainer Belt Body Shaper Belly Wrap – Trimmer Slimmer
The waist trimmer makes you sweat profusely during a vigorous workout, which allows for fat burning and weight loss.
It offers lumbar support to people who suffer back problems and can also be used to gain back your post pregnant body.
It has can help you with,
- Improving your posture
- Preventing a herniated disc
- Helps with back pains
- Offers lumber support
It is made from high-quality neoprene, which is comfortable and lightweight, offering perfect performance for burning fat and shaping your body.
If you wear the HOPLYNN Neoprene Sauna Waist Trainer, you will sweat 3 times more than usual, which will help you to eliminate toxins, keep your muscles warm, and speed up the burning of calories?
Ursexyly Double Control Waist Trainer
It can be used while exercising, posture training for standing erect, promoting a noble manner, postpartum recovery and keeping you warm in the cold weather.
You can wear it at the office, a party, at the gym, at a wedding, a festival, a club, while on holiday, etc. basically for any occasion if you want to look and feel slimmer.
Best Women Hot Sweat Weight Loss Top Shirt Waist Trainer
You can wear it while working, doing outdoor sports, running, yoga, at the gym, etc.
It is designed to hold your tummy tightly together providing an hourglass figure. During a workout, it will help you sweat profusely hence burn a lot of calories.
It wraps easily around your tummy, providing a firm support for your waist. It is also adjustable and compresses you stomach.
It has a zip girdle that gives an hourglass shape and gives you curves you never thought you had. This helps you fit well into your outfits.
It stretches well allowing you to breathe very easily; hence you can wear it for long periods of time.
Men Waist Trainer Corset Vest for Weight Loss
This is designed for men, and it allows them with back posture, and abs during workouts. The secret behind it is that it holds you very tight around your body, allowing you to sweat like crazy, which in turn burns fat.
It can be worn under, or over regular clothing, and keeps you warm during the cold weather.
The above list gives you an idea of what is out there. When you decide to shop for a waist trainer, look for the following:
- Quality Fabric: It must be smooth, and should not have bumps or wrinkles.
- Steel busk: this is ideal because it will withstand the pressure that is created when you draw up your waist. Steel busks are very strong compared to zippers or even hooks.
- Steel Bones: This is an absolute must for waist trainers. Flat and spiral steel bones provide a foundation and they are the secret power behind the corsets ability to reshape your body and modify it over a period of time. Plastic will easily bend over time, but steel will withstand the pressure.
- Body size and shape: Always ensure you measure your body very well and specifically before buying a waist trainer so as to ensure you get a size that will fit well.
Is it dangerous?
Base on the definition above, you would be tempted to think that this is a dangerous exercise and ask yourself if it is really worth it.
Waist training requires you to listen closely to your body. Use safe practices while using a corset, and follow closely the manufacturer’s instructions. Though it is not suggested, visit your doctor when you decide to use one, if you have previous health issues, it is always advisable to consult with your healthcare provider.
The idea of “no pain no gain” does not apply to waist training. If you are in pain or having difficulties breathing, it is advisable to stop using it.
What to expect from waist training:
The idea behind waist training is for women to have perfect and sexy hourglass figures. This will, however, depend on a few issues;
- How long you will wear the corset per day
- How many days in one week you are going to wear the corset
- How tight is the corset
- What weight loss regime you are following.
In terms of the results expected, most of it depends on your body. Everyone is different and our bodies react differently, so what worked for someone may not necessarily work for you.
How much weight you will lose will also depend on genetics and your body type.
You should expect the following from waist trainers;
- It will make you look slim on the waist: This is probably what everyone deciding to invest in a waist trainer is looking for. Yes, it will make you look smaller around the waist. If you wear it often, you will start to look much smaller and make your clothes fit better.
- It will lead to temporary weight loss: When you use a waist trainer especially during a workout, you will sweat more, making you lose weight faster. However, this is just temporary. Waist training must be accompanied by a more permanent weight loss regime for it to be effective and last longer.
- It can cause a shift in your organs: After long periods of wearing waist trainers, your upper organs will move upwards, and your lower organs will move lower. This can put a lot of pressure on the abdomen causing constipation.
A shift in your internal organs means that you will no longer tolerate certain foods, such as gas-producing foods and fatty foods. In some instances, even the smaller portions of food will be too much.
- It will also increase chances of heartburn, as your stomach has shifted upwards above the diaphragm, causing an acid reflux.
- It can cause dehydration: The excessive sweating will cause an increase in body temperature that will, in turn, cause dehydration. To reduce this symptom, ensure you are always hydrated by drinking a lot of water.
- It can affect your breathing: Since the waist trainer is wound tightly around your abdomen, it can cause breathing problems.
We all want to look good, feel great, and improve our self-esteem, so, deciding to buy a waist trainer is a good decision, but, do your research well and understand the possible benefits and drawbacks of this decision.
As we said earlier, it’s always advisable to consult with your healthcare provider and ensure that the side effects will not adversely affect you in the long run.
Choose a waist trainer that will fit you well, provide enough room for breathing, and always listen to your body closely, if you experience any negative side effects, be quick to stop and regroup before continuing to use the waist trainer.