The idea of getting a delicious and refreshing treat anytime you want it and in the comfort of your own home sounds great. Right?
If your answer is yes, then you need a margarita machine.
The original machine for making margaritas was designed to serve as an ice cream maker and dispenser. Now, a good machine must crash the ice and blend all the ingredients to make the perfectly blended margarita. This machine should hold the margarita mix, reblend it if needed and keep it very fresh for many hours so that you can keep drinking and enjoying yourself.
A good machine will not leave you with very large chunks of ice in the mix. It will blend all the ingredients smoothly and the drink can be sipped from a glass or with a straw.
The United States is the most popular country for tequilas in the world, and hence margaritas are the most popular drinks. Almost everyone will enjoy it at a party or a night out with friends.
- 1 Why you need a margarita machine
- 1.1 Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker
- 1.2 Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker
- 1.3 Nostalgia HSB590 Stainless Steel Margarita Machine
- 1.4 Margaritaville Bali Frozen Concoction Maker
- 1.5 Margaritaville Tahiti
- 1.6 Nostalgia FBS400RETRORED
- 1.7 Nostalgia MSB64 64-Ounce Margarita and Slush Maker
- 1.8 Hamilton Beach Wavestation
- 1.9 Margaritaville Jimmy Buffet Signature Edition
- 1.10 Nostalgia RSM650COKE Coca-Cola 32-Ounce Slush Drink Maker
- 2 Bottom line
- 3 How do you buy a margarita machine?
- 4 What are the kinds of margarita machines you can find in the market?
- 5 Wrap up
Why you need a margarita machine
Convenience: Enjoy a margarita, anytime anywhere. You do not need to look for a bar closest to you when you want to enjoy an ice cold delicious margarita. Make it in the comfort of your own home.
Better quality drinks: A blender can make margaritas, but a margarita machine will make the smoothest drinks ever! Not only that, it will keep them cool for many hours as you enjoy your party with friends.
Many drink options: The machine comes with many different recipes for drinks; hence you can make many different drinks at the same time, bringing a lot of flavor and sophistication to your parties.
There are many different makes. Let’s highlight a few of the best.
Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker
This comes with an easy to pour jar and an ice reservoir. It will transport you to the tropics at any time of the year, by making your delicious concoctions limitlessly. It comes with its own recipes book for the most delicious margaritas.
It can make up to 3 jars of delicious drinks for you and your friends to enjoy.
It comes with 4 programmed settings; manual blend only, manual shave only, automatic blend and automatic shave.
This device is dishwasher friendly.
Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker
Create a tropical beach party with this incredible Margaritaville Bahamas frozen concoction maker. It will shave the ice even before you send it for mixing in the blender. It will create the perfect creamy frozen drink, just like what you get at your favorite bar.
It comes with a 36-ounce jar that will create the best margarita drinks.
It has a mixing tool that measures the pinacoladas, margaritas, and daiquiris.
It comes with manual and automatic shave and blend cycles and it is dishwasher friendly.
This is an excellent choice, for anyone who is planning a Mexican-themed party and doesn’t plan on using the machine after that.
It holds up to 128 ounces of 1 gallon of margarita.
It has a see-through jar and lid.
Its many chambers can detach easily making it easy to clean.
It comes in a reasonable size that’s easy to store.
Margaritaville Bali Frozen Concoction Maker
It comes in all 4 settings. Manual/ shaved and automated/ shaved.
You can select to mix half of full chambers.
This comes with 3 fully automated blending stations, and it can handle up to 24 ounces of mixture. All the stations can run automatically.
It can create over 6 different types of drinks, such as mojito, margarita, smoothie, colada daiquiri, mudslide, etc.
It is very beautiful with an ice chute that keeps rotating, making it quite a spectacle for your friends.
It is made of brushed aluminum and premium bamboo wood, with die-casts heavy-duty components and stainless steel.
It has 2 settings that produce both slush and snow ice textures.
It has clear measurement markings and works with all standard ice cubes.
It is very convenient for storage and cleaning.
It includes a drip tray, it’s convenient, has both grind and shave mechanisms, has a detachable base and dispensing spout.
Hamilton Beach Wavestation
Once you finish your party, it will double up as a blender.
It comes with a capacity of 48 ounces, with 500 watts of peak power, and 4 speeds on the plus pulse.
It is dishwasher friendly.
Margaritaville Jimmy Buffet Signature Edition
Nostalgia RSM650COKE Coca-Cola 32-Ounce Slush Drink Maker
It has a detachable base and cup that allows for easy cleanup.
A margarita machine is a great investment for someone who throws a lot of parties. Buying one will ensure that your house is the go-to place for all the fun parties.
This machine is expensive, but it is perfect for making excellent margaritas whenever you like. The beauty of this product is that not only does it make alcoholic drinks, but it can also be used to make smoothies and slushes for the kids.
Before buying the machine, you will need to consider the following;
- Size of the machine: As we have seen above, some of these machines are quite large, and they may bring storage problems. For this reason, you need to consider how many drinks you want to make per cycle. If you want many drinks at once e.g. for a party or a bar, then a large one would be ideal, but if it’s for home use where you make just a few per week or per day, choose a smaller machine.
- Noise level: These machines make a lot of noise. It may not be ideal if you have older people in the house or small children. The loud noise may also be scary to infants, so consider your household before making a purchase.
- Cost: A good margarita machine may cost up to $300, but renting one will cost you $200. You need to consider how often you will be using it before purchase, although in the long run whether you use it once or twice if you are a party throwing kind of person, we would recommend investing in one.
- Speed: Look for a machine that comes with different speeds. This is a sign that it is a good machine. One that has a pulse option is even better. Also, a blender that can go to very high speeds is ideal. This is because it will help in blending very hard ice without getting stuck, and you are assured of the smoothest drinks.
- Type of Machine: There are basically two types. A traditional machine or a frozen drink machine. The traditional one does not have the option of making frozen drinks like margaritas, and if you insist on crushing ice, it may break, while a frozen drink machine is designed to crush ice without breaking and creating the perfectly blended smooth drink.
- Ease of use: Do not buy a machine that you cannot put together or take apart. This is because you will be using it frequently and if it’s difficult to use, you will end up very frustrated.
- Easy to clean: This is a machine for making drinks, and hence you need to maintain a very high level of hygiene. A machine that can easily come apart, that is one that you can remove the parts and put them back together is ideal as it will ensure thorough cleaning after each use, making it extremely hygienic.
How do you buy a margarita machine?
You can choose to use an average blender for your margaritas, but if you decide to upgrade to one of the machines we shall be telling you about, you shall make delicious, well done, world-class margaritas that will not only make people come back for more, but the machine will also keep them cool for you and your guests to enjoy for many hours.
With the margarita machine, you will simply load all the ingredients, blend them and voila’ you will be enjoying perfectly blended smooth margaritas.
Are you wondering if you really need a margarita machine, which is quite costly and yet you have a regular blender. Is it necessary?
The answer is yes!
This is because the machine is specifically designed to crush ice into a deliciously smooth consistency. Whilst a regular blender can be able to do this, it may not manage it for a long period because it is not designed for crushing ice and may end up breaking.
This will not happen to a margarita machine.
When you go shopping for this machine, the most expensive in the market is not necessarily the perfect choice. The best will depend on your needs and how often you plan to use it. A less expensive model would work for special occasions only, but if you have regular parties and make margaritas often or daily, a high-quality durable machine will suit you perfectly.
When you go shopping, look for machines that are easy to use, and easy to clean. An added bonus would be if it has detachable parts that are dishwasher friendly.
What are the kinds of margarita machines you can find in the market?
You will generally come across two main types. A Commercial Machine and a Home Machine:
Commercial machines: These are excellent for hotels or bars that require high volumes of drinks to be produced at any one time. They can make more than one type of drink at a time, e.g. Slushes, daiquiris, pinacoladas, etc. They are also very expensive and can cost up to $1600. For this reason, there are companies that specialize in renting them for as little as $200.
A home margarita machine: This is basically the opposite of the commercial machine, and it can cost as low as $200. Since renting can be quite expensive, if you entertain many times a year, it would be ideal to purchase a home margarita machine. They can also be used in making other drinks not only alcoholic ones.
In conclusion, we can say that a margarita machine is an excellent addition to your home if you love partying, but be prepared to be the go-to house whenever a party is planned.
A long-lasting machine will depend on the quality, the speed cycle, and the manufacturer. Ensure to read this article in full before making any decisions because electronics can be tricky. You may buy one and never use it because the quality is poor.
Okay then, go ahead and invest in a margarita machine!